Romsey is very easy to get to by public transport, so if you are making travel plans for the Beggars Fair then read on…
Romsey is well connect to the surrounding area by bus. Romsey bus station is at the heart of Romsey, and a mere 30 seconds walk from the Cornmarket Main Stage.
Buses are operated by the following companies:-
- bluestarbus.co.uk – to Southampton/Chandlers Ford
- stagecoachbus.com – to Winchester
- salisburyreds.co.uk – to Salisbury
There are frequent trains from and to Southampton, Salisbury, Eastleigh, Chandlers Ford and far, far beyond during the day.
The last trains of the day to the following destinations are…
- Southampton 23:11 & 23:23
- Eastleigh/Chandlers Ford 22:08
- Winchester 22:20
- Salisbury 22:52 & 23:11
- Portsmouth 22:54 & 23:23
- Bournemouth 22:20 & 23:23
Details of all public transport links to Romsey can be found on myjourneyhampshire.com
There are complete details on the Car Parking page.
But be warned….
Beggars Fair day is the busiest Saturday of the year in Romsey. If you need to drive then look at Test Valley’s list of Romsey Car Park Tariffs. Charges apply from 8.30am to 4.00pm only. After 4:00pm it is free to park.
The FREE car park on the day is…
- Romsey School SO51 8ZB (9am – 4pm)
Once again, there are complete details on the Car Parking page.
The taxi rank is at the Bus Station, Broadwater Road, Romsey SO51 8BF
Private Hire Taxi companies providing pre-booked private hire are:
- Samtax 01794 514945 and 01794 513108 samtaxtaxi.xyz
- Abbey Cars 01794 513385 and 02380 738305 abbeycarsromsey.co.uk
- Eastleigh Happy Cabs 02380 651111 eastleighcabco.com
Visitor Information & Accommodation
There’s a vast wealth of local visitor information, accommodation and much more on the new Visit Romsey web site.