Beggars Fair day is the busiest Saturday of the entire year in Romsey. If you need to drive, then Romsey has numerous and capacious car parks.
Test Valley Council’s list of Romsey car park tariffs page details all the costs. Generally 2 hours is £1, 4 hours £3 and all day £5.90. Charges apply 8:30am to 4pm. After which it’s free everywhere.
The long stay car park at Romsey Rapids is £2.10 for all day parking. However as you get 4 hours free, turn up at 12 noon and the rest of the day….is free!
NOTE! Don’t be temped to park at Aldi for more than 2 hours, as you will get slapped with a big bill for overstaying your welcome.
The Beggars Fair Team has arranged additional car FREE parking at:
- Romsey School SO51 8ZB (9am–4pm)
PLEASE NOTE: Romsey School car park will close and the gates locked at 4pm prompt!
Please note the following road closures in operation on the day:-
- The Hundred from Palmerston Statue -> The Phoenix (9am to 7pm)
- Latimer Street from Lortemore Car Park -> The Phoenix (9am to 7pm)
- Church Place (9am to 6pm)
- Church Street from Portersbridge Street -> Palmerston Statue (9am to 7pm)
- Bell Street from the Newton Lane -> Palmerston Statue (9am to 7pm)
- The Abbey from Abbey Water -> Palmerston Statue (9am to 7pm)
All the available car parks on the day and the road closures are all shown on the Google map below.