If you are making travel plans to get to Romsey for the Beggars Fair then read on…
Romsey is really easy to get to by public transport, especially by train. There are frequent trains to Southampton, Salisbury, Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford and the trains keep going until after 11pm so you can stay right up to the end. Do make sure you leave enough time to catch the train, though!
Like the trains, Romsey is well connect to the surrounding area by bus. Romsey bus station is at the heart of Romsey, and a mere 30 seconds walk from the Cornmarket Main Stage.
Buses are operated by the following companies:
- www.stagecoachbus.com – to Winchester
- www.bluestarbus.co.uk – to Southampton/Chandlers Ford
- www.salisburyreds.co.uk – to Salisbury
Beggars Fair day is the busiest Saturday of the year in Romsey. If you need to drive then look at Test Valley’s list of Romsey car park tariffs. Charges apply from 8.30am to 4.00pm only. After 4:00pm it is free to park.
The FREE car park on the day is…
- Romsey School SO51 8ZB (10am – 8pm)
PLEASE NOTE: Romsey School gates will close, and be LOCKED, at 8pm.
Please note the following road closures in operation on the day:-
- The Hundred from Caffe Nero to The Phoenix from 10am to 6pm.
- Latimer Street from Lortemore Car Park to The Phoenix from 10am to 6pm.
- Church Place from 8am to 6pm.
All the available car parks and the road closures are on the Google map below.
The usual parking spaces in Church Place (leading up to the Abbey) will be unavailable as this the location for the Abbey Acoustic Stage.
The taxi rank is at the Bus Station, Broadwater Road, Romsey SO51 8BF
The following Private Hire Taxi companies provide pre-booked private hire:
- Abbey Cars 01794 513385 and 02380 738305 www.abbeycarsromsey.co.uk
- Romcars of Romsey 01794 524326
- Romsey Taxis & Private Hire 01794 329729 www.romsey-taxis.com
- Samtax 01794 514945 and 01794 513108 www.samtax.co.uk
- Eastleigh Happy Cabs 02380 651111 www.eastleighcabco.com
- Hayter & New Forest Taxis Ltd 0808 200 1000